02 January 2011

Helping Their Future Flourish

"Your future doesn't lie ahead of you, waiting to happen. It lies deep inside of you, waiting to be discovered."

                                                                     - Anonymous

I stumbled across this quote on Twitter by @mylivingpower last night. Two thoughts immediately  raced through my mind. First, was my son and what the future holds for him. Secondly, was how very The Road Aheaddifferent my life is than I ever imagined. That is not a negative mind you, just how many people do you know plan to have a child with complex medical needs that statistically you are going to outlive? While life is not easy, by any stretch of the imagination, it is very much enriched by the people we have encountered because of our path and also by my son. He has a patient strong fighting spirit about him.



As parent of children - typical or otherwise, we worry about their futures. There is an added layer of fret by those with complex medical or special needs. Will they be able to live independently being one of the most common fears I hear from parents. Maybe as parents, doctors, teachers and therapist we should apply the principle of the quote above and focus more on within versus what lies ahead. We may discover something much more rewarding as our children reveal the answers we are seeking. That is something my son has repeatedly taught me. He will reveal the answers if we search with focus. We are then able to foster those  blessings and nurture them into a flourishing future.
Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: – Matthew 7:7

GOD BLESS THE CHILDREN!

Please take a moment to share your thoughts in the comments below.
Thanks for reading my point of view!

No comments:

Post a Comment